Sometimes you feel full of beans, energized, driven. Great. If occasionally you feel daunted, discouraged or sluggish, read on:
Is there really a problem?
- You don´t like analysis and don´t believe in problems? Then just get to work, smile, whistle or sing to show you don´t give a damn.
- There isn´t a problem exactly, a plateau is a natural part of the rhythm of life, you just don´t like being there?
- Nothing wrong with task but you feel tired or distracted?
- The task seems too easy, not enough of a challenge, the novelty has worn off?
- The task seems to difficult and long and you need encouragement?
Then you can look for The solution but solutions can´t usually be found it a tin. Thinking through to your own one is much more likely to be of use. What I can do is to pass you a “tin opener” What sort would you like, an electric one or one where you supply the power?
Electric: Call an expert, call a colleague, call a friend.
Self powered: Divide the task into mini-challenges. Read something inspirational then set yourself a new mini challenge. Add a new element: creative, innovative or radically different, something physical, mental or just plain kind. Keep a diary as a way of acknowledging the efforts you are already making. Take a break and come back fresh with the tin opener of your choice.